Catherine LOVES art projects. She would do 3 or 4 a day if possible. I, on the other hand, have never loved nor been good at art projects. So she's begging to do an artsy craft and I'm trying to muster up all of my creative abilities to make it through. I know, I know--I should enjoy it more, but I'm just being honest.
Catherine has one Fancy Nancy book in which Fancy Nancy makes a book report about Sacajawea. It talks about how she goes to the art store, buys beads & yarn, and makes this fabulous cover for her book report. Ever since we got this book (last year maybe?) Catherine has been asking if we could make Sacajawea like Fancy Nancy did. And seeing as how I love projects like this, I have been putting it off. In the spring, I said we'd do it this summer. This summer, I said we'd do it after vacation. Well, last week she finally called me out on my procrastination and we headed to Michael's (the craft store) to get our supplies.
I have never seen that child so happy as she was in Michael's. Every aisle was pure joy as she saw stickers, paints, ribbons, and the greatest variety of craft projects her little mind could comprehend. She was literally dancing in the aisles with joy about picking out her beads, yarn, and a piece of felt for Sacajawea. So we made our Sacajawea page and she was so proud. And ever since she has been gluing the remainder of the 400 beads on random pieces of paper in the whole house. I think we may invest in art lessons!
No comments:
Post a Comment