Saturday, August 28, 2010

5 months old!

Anna turned 5 months old yesterday! She is really starting to develop her little personality and let us know what she likes (being held) and dislikes (Will biting her). Some of her favorite things to do right now are chew & drool on everything, roll over and over, hold her feet and bite her toes, grab onto faces and hair, and watch Catherine and Will. She smiles and laughs for us and makes sweet baby "talk". I think she smiles and babbles more for Catherine than she does anyone else. It's really sweet.

Holding her feet--her new favorite thing to do--and checking out this bunny

Sweet smile and laugh!

Anna has had such a busy month. She's been to Milwaukee, the beach, and Montana and been baptized. Needless to say, her sleep schedule has been a little crazy and we're hoping that in September she can get back to more of a routine and start sleeping all night again.

We're still trying to figure out what to do with her feeding issues. We now have a formula that she's not allergic to, but she refuses to drink it. Twice I've been able to mix a little bit of it in with breast milk so she doesn't taste it, but every other time she won't have anything to do with it.

As of this past week, I have also dropped all dairy products from my diet to see if that will help with her spitting up (and therefore fullness and weight gain) as well as her eczema. It's only been about 5 days but already the spitting up has decreased significantly. I probably should have done this about 2 months ago, but it took me a while to convince myself to give up my cheese, yogurt, butter, and ice cream. I'm hoping I can hold out on the dairy because it looks like I may be nursing her for a while if she refuses to drink anything else. I have not started any baby food yet. I think it's best to wait a few more weeks until closer to 6 months to try that. We'll have to take that part pretty slowly I think to make sure she doesn't have any reactions to anything.

Overall she's a healthy, happy girl and we love spending our days with her!

No comments: