The kids really had lots of fun playing on the beach and in the sand this year. Jay loves to play in the ocean (I like to look at it and listen to it) and so he got lots of beach time with the kids. Many mornings, he would have Catherine and Will out by 8am running in the waves and collecting shells.
Anna loves being outside and liked the ocean breeze. She even took her nap out there one morning for an hour and a half.

Catherine thinks it's really funny to bury her hands and feet in the sand.

She was also very proud of her sand castles. Her favorite part was looking for shells to put on top of them.

Will really likes the water. He's totally fine to get splashed and knocked down by waves. He went out one morning with PopPop and I asked him if he went in up to his tummy. He said, "no, up to my head" and he did!

His favorite activity was just running back and forth chasing the waves.

We had lots of pool time too. We'd usually alternate beach/pool in the morning and then the other one in the afternoon or evening. Somehow I never took my camera to the pool though. But they had lots of fun swimming and jumping in. I foresee lots of time at the beach and pool in the years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment