Catherine turned 7 years old this past Thursday. Our sweet girl is growing up so fast. In some ways it seems like a lot longer than 7 years ago that we started having children and that we have known our sweet girl. But in other ways, it seems like she was just born, or just toddling around the house, or just started preschool. And now she's turning into a young lady right before our very eyes. She is so lovely, so compassionate, and such a wonderful part of our family.
For her birthday dinner, she chose to have quesadillas, rice and beans, and guacamole. She asked Mimi to make lemon bars for her birthday dessert. She even got all fancy (notice the pretty earrings??--they're clip-ons from her great-grandmother's jewelry box). She enjoyed opening a few birthday gifts, some new clothes and books mostly.
Precious Will wanted to give her something for her birthday too. He wrapped up 3 books for her--2 from his bookshelf and 1 from hers. He said "Catherine, I got this one for you because I know you'll like it since it's already yours." I love the sweet thought processes of a 5 year old boy to his sister. By the way, Will did a really good job wrapping the books. Maybe he can help me wrap Christmas presents.
Will and I went to school to have lunch with her and read a book to her class, Pickle Chiffon Pie, one of her favorite books. Jay took her out to Yogurtini after dinner on Friday, just the two of them. Then on Saturday, Mimi and I took her to see Mary Poppins at the peace center with one of her best friends. (I haven't uploaded those photos yet.) We have had a great time celebrating Catherine.
We love you, Catherine! We are so proud of you and the wonderful lady God is creating. I am so thankful to be your mama.

No comments:
Post a Comment