Friday, December 28, 2012

Gingerbread house failure

We attempted to make gingerbread houses yesterday. I had bought one of those kits to make the little village. I thought it would be a fun craft activity one morning over Christmas break.

Our gingerbread houses kept collapsing though. Marcy and I assembled and reassembled each of the five structures at least three times. This was about to push me over the edge. And Catherine too. The sweet perfectionist had a meltdown because it wasn't perfect. Will and Anna were very happy to eat all the candy and icing. It was close to getting out of control.

Who knew gingerbread houses were such a difficult adventure? They can make gingerbread houses at school next year.

2 comments:

Mrs. SBA said...

We do one every year and ours always falls apart.. so this year I saw a pre-assembled one at the grocery store! All we had to do was put the icing on and decorate. May take some of the fun and frustration out!

Mrs. SBA said...

We do one every year and ours always falls apart.. so this year I saw a pre-assembled one at the grocery store! All we had to do was put the icing on and decorate. May take some of the fun and frustration out!