I hope you have a wonderful and joyous celebration of Christ's birth.
Christmas and the days leading up to it and the days recovering from it are some of the most exciting days for families, especially with little children. They are also some of the most exhausting and trying ones. Every day for the past month we have had extra Christmas events and parties and school performances and church choir and shopping and wrapping and more. I have tried to cut back on a lot of the extras this year but adding anything extra into my daily routine right now is enough to make me crazy, or at least very tired.
But as I prepare to go to bed and to celebrate my savior tomorrow, I am trying not to worry about how early our kids will wake up, the fact that we forgot to put out the reindeer food and cookies for Santa, the mess that our house will be for the next few days, the logistics of packing people up so we can visit my family for 18 hours, or the laundry I still need to put away.
I am reflecting on the fact that this chaos and mess is what my God chose for his son. Jesus willingly left something more wonderful and perfect than we can even imagine to come into this messy and broken world. For me. For you. It amazes me.
So Merry Christmas friends! Celebrate the chaos and craziness and praise God for Jesus.


No comments:
Post a Comment