I love advent. The waiting and anticipation. The excitement and longing. I love advent calendars and wreaths.
Each year I am trying to incorporate a few advent traditions into our Christmas celebration. One of my favorite blogs www.desiringvirtue.com has some great ideas for this. We are trying one of them this year with the Christmas books.
I have a lot (probably 35-40) of children's Christmas books. I wrapped 24 of them, one for each night from dec 1-dec 24. Each night after devotions the kids take a turn picking a book to unwrap and read together. On her blog, she only does nativity/Jesus books. Most of mine are christ focused, but I did include a few "night before Christmas" and secular books.
If you want to try this but don't have 24-25 books, just start with what you have. Do 7 and open one each night the week before Christmas. Or pick 4 and open one each Sunday night in December. You can adapt based off what you have and what works for your family.
The kids have loved this so far. I hope to make it an annual tradition.

1 comment:
Love!!! I only have 4- so I might need to build up a few and try this next year!
Post a Comment