Thursday, September 4, 2008

Catherine's First Day



Today was Catherine's first day of preschool at Aldersgate. She'll be going on Mondays and Thursdays this year. She has been so excited about it, so I was hoping today met her expectations. When I went to pick her up, she said, "I had a great day at school, Mommy!" They painted, made a glitter fish, read stories, listened to music and danced, sang songs, and played dress up. It reminds me that it's good for her to go because I wouldn't have been able to do all of those things with her today. She also met some new friends and enjoyed seeing her friends from last year again. I can't believe she's such a big girl!

Today was "blue" day, so Catherine wore a blue dress, even though she cried because she really wanted to wear her pink dress. But the blue dress at least matches the nice bruise on her forehead! (She fell off the recliner onto the brick fireplace....lovely)
Catherine with her new teachers, Ms. Kimberly and Ms. Shaney
Starting the day with some play-doh
Just for comparison, this is her picture from her first day of school last year. She was just a baby! And she didn't have much hair at all. I can't believe it's already been a year.

The best part of the day, for me though, was how excited she and Will were to see each other. They were hugging and crawling all over each other and she kept saying, "I missed you Baby Will." It's so much fun to watch them interact with each other.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: