Truth #16 from Lies Women Believe is that the greatest freedom I can experience is found through submission to God-ordained authority. When we don't submit to authority, we become more vulnerable to Satan's attacks. When we are under God's authority, we are granted his protective covering, we show the world His beauty of created order, and we cooperate with God in establishing His kingdom.
Ephesians 5: 21-24 tells us "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."
The word "submission" immediately brings negative connotations to many people's minds. They think that it puts you in bondage or slavery. But really, it's the opposite. By submitting, I am trusting God by trusting the authority He has placed me under. It takes the pressure away from me trying to do everything myself. It frees me to do the work God has given me to do and not to try and do things I wasn't created for.
Once I finally caught a glimpse of how God wants this to work in marriage, it made me love and respect Jay so much more. Never have I felt enslaved or in bondage. Submitting to any authority on earth is really a test of submission to God himself. If you can't submit to your husband, for example, then you probably aren't submitting to God either.
No comments:
Post a Comment