Truth #15 from Lies Women Believe is The pathway to true joy is to relinquish control. We attempt to be in control of others and our environment. But no matter how hard we try, we are not in control. When we try to control everything, we are really trying to be God. Why is it so hard to let God be God? The truth is, He is in control. Freedom comes from relinquishing control of our own lives, our families, and our circumstances. Then we will see Him do what only He can do.
We can trust God to be in control and not be anxious about it. 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." This is always very hard for me. I like to be in control. I like to know exactly what is going to happen and I try to manipulate and control the circumstances to be sure they fit in exactly as I think things should go. My prayer for many years has been that God will change my heart to be like Mary's and that I will simply reply "I am the Lord's servant, Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." (Luke 1:38)
It is hard to let go of our control. We fight so hard for it. But it has never been ours to control in the first place. We're fighting so hard for something we can never hold onto. If we just let go of that and trust God to be God, life becomes much more peaceful. Relinquishing control doesn't bring about slavery or bondage, it really brings about freedom. I am now free to do the work God has given me to do and I can quit wasting my time trying to do things I was never intended to do. So I will just keep praying that my response will be "I am the Lord's servant...May it be to me as you have said."
No comments:
Post a Comment